Eligibility: Soloists and small ensembles, both instrumental and vocal, are invited to apply.
Ages: 7-20 years of age for both instrumentalists and vocalists.
Applications: Links to the online application forms are at the bottom of this page.
Application Form Submission Deadline: Extended to May 12, 2023
Application Fee: Non-refundable $15 administrative fee payable to Ringwood Friends of Music, which can be processed online at https://donorbox.org/ringwood-friends-of-music or postmarked by April 28, 2023 to PO Box 427, Ringwood, NJ 07456. Mailed checks should please include the student's name and a memo: Youth Performance Festival. If paying online, please select "Youth Performance Festival application fee" from the designation drop-down menu.
Performances: Sunday June 4, 2023 at 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM at the Community Presbyterian Church, 145 Carletondale Rd, Ringwood, NJ 07456. Registration is not required.
Questions or concerns: contact email@example.com
1. Application: Applications are reviewed by the RFM Board. We attempt to ensure a showcase of a wide range of performance levels, instruments, and musical styles. Only fully completed applications will be considered. Each soloist or group is assigned a performance time slot. You will be notified of your performance time assignment by Friday, May 12. Please note that submission of an application does not guarantee inclusion in the concert; the final decision rests solely with the board and volunteers of RFM.
2. The music: We welcome performances in the style of the following genres: classical, folk, jazz or musical theater. All solos must be memorized. Chamber ensembles may use printed music. Beginning level instrumental applicants should be able to perform, up to tempo, music that is generally considered to be Level 2 (e.g.: Bach – Minuet in G Major) or above. Musicians who are playing a sonata, sonatina, or other piece with multiple movements should play only one movement. There will be no amplification systems available.
3. Concert attire: Performers are expected to be dressed in semi-formal attire. Please do not wear sneakers! If you have any questions about appropriate attire, please contact Erin Schwab: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Teacher Recommendation: The teacher’s submission of this separate application form is considered a recommendation.
5. Equipment: There will be a Steinway B piano provided for all entrants who require it. Chairs and music stands will also be available.
6. Accompanied vocal and instrumental solos. Performers must provide their own accompanists. If you need an accompanist, please email us for a list of referrals. You should make your own arrangements with your chosen accompanist to rehearse ahead of time, and should make sure the accompanist is available for your assigned rehearsal and performance appointments. Pieces that are written expressly for an unaccompanied instrument are the exception.
7. General Admission: General audience admission to the Youth Performance Festival is FREE. Ringwood Friends of Music is administered solely by volunteers. We accept donations to defray concert costs.